Thursday, July 7, 2011

Reject Apathy

So, for those of you who have not yet seen me nose in my favorite magazine, maybe you caught a glimpse of a copy I passed to Allie during our recent Bell Tour trip.  Relevant covers everything from music and media to social justice issues, and recently the cover article was asking if Rob Bell is a heretic.

Okay, so they have always covered justice issues (at home poverty, Invisible Children, etc) and challenged the Christian's responsibility to the world, environment, and neighbors near or far.  They have launched a new magazine with the sole intention of covering only this content and they call it Reject Apathy.  Apathetic is a key word used by so many of us old people about the younger generations, which could be a bit unfair because it is your generation using publications to spread messages like rejecting apathy.  This could be a great resource for you to gain a greater knowledge about Christ's call to minister to the weak, the needy, the orphans, those in desperate need of justice.

Nearly all of you, my girls, have attended multiple mission trips with the youth group or church, and have volunteered for various groups, projects, ministries in town.  Some of you already are heeding the call to be a responsible steward of the earth God created for us through recycling and green living.  I know your hearts are filled with compassion for those around you, and I have been blessed to have had a group that has so freely given to others.  So, this is not one of those "I -love-you-but-I-wish-you-were-more..."  kinda of blogs.

It is just I found Reject Apathy so amazing, so go peruse the first issue online at this link.  http://www.relevantmagazine.com/rejectapathy-magazine/issue-01

So, whatever you are doing tonight (whether you are in France, or at Katie's, or preparing to hang out with camp kids again tomorrow....I am praying for you and I love you dearly.  Good nite, ladies.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment